profile : Laura Ruggeri
Visual communication professional
I've been a visual communication professional for a long time and enjoy using my skills to create clear, compelling communication.
My essential skill? I create immediately attractive, easy to understand, consistent and multi-layered presentations of a message in every medium.
email: Laura (at) LR Communication Design (dot) com
Visual communication design for marketing materials, informational diagrams, posters, books and magazines, web applications, websites, logos and corporate images. Creative typography to enhance communication. Color design for architecture.
Visual communication, art direction and graphic production for:
- printed materials
(brochures, flyers, marketing collaterals, posters, book covers and interiors, catalogs, graphics for business trade shows and art exhibitions)
- corporate image
- interaction design
- web application design
- website design
- Art director, graphic designer, web application interface designer at LR Communication Design
- Web application interface design for Elite SEM, Search Engine Marketing
- Web design and marketing materials for ProjectStory, Inc.
- Web design and marketing materials for BerettaBowden.com
- Logos, brochures, flyers, cards and book covers design for Kriya Yoga Institute
- Logos, corporate image, websites and e-catalog template desgn for Reader Views
- Web design for 360Partners, LP
- Packaging, logo, web application and software interface design for ETI, Evolutionary Technologies International
- Art director, graphic designer, web application interface designer at Pantheon Design based in Austin, Texas (8 years)
- Corporate image, posters, brochures and book design for Baleri Italia Spa
- Exhibition graphic design for Renzo Piano Building Workshop and Origoni&Steiner
- Corporate image, posters, brochures for "Poeti, Filosofi e Giullari" Theatrical Season in the South of Milan, Italy
- Color design for architecture and municipal buildings in the cities of Cernobbio, Melegnano, Cervignano D'Adda, Italy
- Visual communication designer based in Milan, Italy (15 years)
What people say
"I think that the keyword to depict Laura is: clarity. She has a conspicuous visual culture experience, a constantly updated tech expertise, a stunning resume (CV), a very practical approach also in working remotely. This makes a capacity to study and understand her clients' needs and to interpret them with original proposals that go beyond expectations. Her style is neat, happy, evocative and iconic; and always conveys the power of the message."
"Laura brings a fresh perspective and a joyful design approach to every project. She is wonderful to have as part of a creative team. Her sense of color and typography are highly attuned. A happy visual designer and collaborator."
"Laura and her husband, Rick are extremely competent and trustworthy individuals and I would recommend anyone to them for their expertise and honesty."
Top qualities: Personable, Expert, High Integrity
Calligram Designers blog
Calligram Designers is my blog about designing with type. You can see some of the most interesting, creative and popular examples of calligrams from around the world.
Laura is a certified yoga instructor by the American Viniyoga Institute and still a yoga student and practitioner.